AREAS OF PRACTICE
International and Domestic Arbitration
Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Infrastructure, Building and Construction
Oil & Gas
LL.B, University of Buckingham
LL.M, National University of Singapore
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Notary Public and a Commissioner for Oaths in Singapore
Barrister, Bar of England and Wales, Gray’s Inn
Written: English and Chinese
Spoken: English, Chinese and Cantonese
Timothy Ng Wai Keong
Prior to founding Timothy Ng LLC, Timothy worked in several large firms under Senior Counsels and a retired High Court Judge of Singapore.
Timothy is called to both the bars of England and Wales and Singapore and has been in practice for 22 years. He specialises in both local and cross-border disputes. Besides Singapore corporations, Timothy has been instructed by foreign governments and corporations from China (including Hong Kong and Macao), Korea and Japan, South Asia, ASEAN and Europe.
He regularly appears before the Singapore Courts and arbitral tribunals on disputes which includes but are not limited to mergers and acquisition, joint ventures, construction and infrastructure, property related disputes, professional negligence, corporate insolvency and corporate fraud.
His clients include international contractors, MNCs, foreign governments and professionals.
Timothy is especially proud of being instructed by fellow solicitors. He is particularly experienced in disputes in relation to the following:
Complex Construction & Infrastructure Disputes —having led teams in various construction disputes involving highly technical issues relating to water treatment systems, railways, airports, integrated resorts, hotels, theme parks and conservation buildings;
Commercial Related Disputes — eg. commercial crimes, joint venture, M&A and shareholder disputes, banking and/or insolvency related disputes;
Projects and Infrastructure Work — reviewing Agreements and providing advice in relation to Construction and Infrastructure Projects both in Singapore and overseas.
Timothy is also an arbitrator on the Arbitration panel of:
- Singapore Institute of Arbitrators; and
- Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC)(formerly known as KLRCA).
Timothy’s vast experience in the construction law practice has also led to his appointment as an Adjunct Associate Professor at NUS from 2014 to 2018 where he taught Law to the graduating cohort of architects from the NUS School of Architecture. Timothy also designed the syllabus and lectured the Construction Law Module for post graduate students at NTU School of Civil Engineering. Timothy is the course developer for the Construction Law Course at the Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) (formerly part of UNISIM) and has lectured there since 2012.
- Sole speaker for the Singapore Institute of Builders on the Building Maintenance & Strata Management Act.
- Jointly conducted a seminar for the Singapore Institute of Builders on the Building & Construction Industry Security Of Payment Act.
- Jointly conducted a seminar for the Singapore Institute of Builders on Performance Bonds in the Construction Industry.
- Jointly conducting a seminar for the Singapore Institute of Builders on Dispute Resolution in the Construction Industry.
- Jointly conducted a presentation of the Law Society Arbitration Rules to the Housing Development Board.
- Lectured Construction Law Module for the MSC (International Construction Management) at the Nanyang Technological University.
- Course Chair for Construction Law Course at SUSS (formerly part of UNISIM).
- Adjunct Associate Professor at NUS (2014-2018).
- Fellow at Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Fellow at Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Member of Panel of Mediators of Shenzhen Qianhai International Commercial Mediation Center
Besides professional work, Timothy is also active in community service and volunteers to defend accuse persons charged for capital offences.
Notary Public & Commissioner for Oaths
Timothy Ng is both a Notary Public as well as a Commissioner for Oaths in Singapore.