Infrastructure, Building & Construction
Corporate and Commercial Disputes
Family and Matrimonial Matters
LL.B (Hons), University of Bristol
Advocate & Solicitor, Supreme Court of Singapore
Allison was called to the Singapore Bar in 2018 and has since accumulated significant experience in dispute resolution. She has represented clients in court proceedings as well as well as other forms of dispute resolution such as mediation and adjudication proceedings under the auspices of the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Cap. 30B) (“SOP Act”).
Allison has acted for both individual and corporate clients in contentious and non-contentious matters, ranging from building and construction disputes, shareholders’ disputes and defamation, to drafting and reviewing commercial agreements and more. She is astute and sensitive towards clients’ needs and is able to propose effective strategies to achieve the best possible outcome for clients.
Allison has also represented clients in criminal proceedings and is a volunteer lawyer with the Law Society Criminal Legal Aid Scheme.
Some examples of the matters which Allison has acted or assisted in include but are not limited to the following:
Building and Construction
- Provided effective representation to a distressed main contractor against claims brought against it by at least 11 different sub-contractors, at both High Court and State Court levels.
- Assisted in defending a professional engineer before the Court of Appeal against negligence claims in relation to a conservation project.
- Represented a sub-contractor in successful claims in adjudication proceedings under the SOP Act against the main contractor for the supply and installation of electrical and AV works.
- Assisted in acting for a Malaysian interior decoration contractor against its Singaporean sub-contractor in relation to the office of a senior Cabinet member of the Brunei Government.
- Acted for a main contractor to defend adjudication proceedings under the SOP Act and an application to set aside an adjudication determination in respect of claims arising from a government project.
- Acted for a director and equal shareholder of a company in multiple proceedings against the other director and shareholder of the company and successfully negotiated a buyout.
- Successfully struck out an action brought in the name of a Singapore-incorporated company by a majority shareholder based in Myanmar against a client who is a director and the minority shareholder of the company.
Deals/ Corporate work
- Acted for a Singapore storage company in drafting and negotiating agreements for the acquisition of a competitor.
- Acted for a PRC client in negotiations and due diligence for a potential contract in relation to frozen meat imports.
- Acted for a Singapore-incorporated worldwide distributor of cricket-related content in an application to resist the enforcement of an arbitral. The seat of the arbitration was in Mauritius under LCIA-MIAC rules and involved parties from the Indian Subcontinent.
- Advised and acted for a PRC client against subsidiaries of an American multinational corporation to resist the enforcement of an arbitral award in excess of US$130 million. The seat of the arbitration was in Hong Kong SAR under HKIAC rules and involved issues of PRC Law on foreign direct investment in the PRC.
- Advised a Malaysian public listed company in relation to the company’s multi-million-dollar claim against an ex-employee for fraud and misappropriation.
- Advised and acted for a senior civil servant with respect to defamatory remarks made against him.
- Successfully rescinded a maintenance order on behalf of a client based in Indonesia in divorce ancillary proceedings against his former wife in Singapore.
- Assisted and acted for clients in respect of offences under the Road Traffic Act (Cap. 276), Immigration Act (Cap. 133), Moneylenders Act (Cap. 188) and Penal Code (Cap. 224) and more.