Our Construction & Infrastructure Disputes Practice provides “cradle to grave” contractual and practical advice on construction and infrastructure related works.
We have acted for all the various stakeholders in a construction project whether they be developers, contractors, consultants or suppliers. We are regularly instructed by local parties, international contractors to advise and act for them in respect of a range of local and international project. We also receive instructions from fellow solicitors to render advice and appear with them in various construction related disputes in respect of projects in Brunei, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore and Sri Lanka.
Some examples of the projects that we have been involved in include:
– Acted for the Main Contractor in a dispute with one of the sub-contractors involving claims of approximately $80 million pertaining to the construction of the taxiway for an airport terminal.
– Advised an electrical specialist subcontractor in respect of his claim against the main contractor over an airport terminal building.
B) Ports / Navel Base
– Acted for the Main Contractor in various disputes with several its sub-contractors pertaining to the construction of a naval base.
– Advised a leading local contractor in respect of its dispute with the employer in respect of the construction of a port in Myanmar.
– Advised a Dredging Contractor in respect of disputes with the Regulatory Authority (Coastline) and the Employer.
C) Water Projects
– Advised the Superintending Officer [A JV between an American MNC and a European specialist subcontractor] in respect of disputes relating to the Deep Tunnel Sewerage System Project. The disputes include:
i) Claims between it and the Client;
ii) Claims by the Main Contractor against the Client;
iii) Disputes between the Main Contractor and several subcontractors
D) Rail Projects
– Advised a railway company in respect of its contract with the client in relation to a monorail project; and
– Acted for numerous parties in numerous disputes in relation to the various lines in the Singapore Underground System.
E) Building & Structural Disputes
– Acted for a piling sub-contractor (a public listed company) in a domestic arbitration against the main contractor involving defects and delays in piling, excavation and associated works, temporary protection, sub-structure and part of the super structure works in respect of a condominium project.
– Acted for main contractor in arbitration proceedings involving a statutory board concerning defects relating to the foundation design in an international business park in Singapore (claims in excess of S50 million).
– Acted in a dispute amongst building owners of several pre-war shop houses for structural damage to their building caused by excavation and construction works carried out by the adjoining properties.
F) MCST Defects Disputes
– Defended various parties, contractors, subcontractor, developers and consultants in various claims brought by different MCSTs relating to their respective condominiums.